Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day trade and technical analysis!!!

Since the day I had a dmat account, my phone has been flooded with ready to zoom stock ideas. Once in a while when I dabble with the remote control of my TV set and stumble some channels oozing with investment ideas. To my surprise they talk about day trading and classify this act as investment. I humbly respect their views but I don't agree at all with the technical analysis.

Technical analysis says one should starts buying when prices are rising and sell if prices are coming down. Stock market is rife with case studies of failed fund managers who tried to time the market. Secondly, investment is all about thinking and planning for the long term. At least I, as a value investor, don't understand the daily watch on stock prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment